Friday, June 17, 2011

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

For the past two days I've been sitting in near agony waiting to hear about my acceptance into a program that could be an amazing opportunity for my career. Needless to say, I haven't accomplished much other than refreshing my gmail browser over and over and over and over again.

And yet, more than ever I have so much to do!

I started the apartment search yesterday. I always feel so hopeful in the beginning with the browsing craigslist and padmapper, but by the time I've entered my credit card info into westsiderentals.com, a new set of panic sets in. I'm not high maintenance by any means (well, maybe I have high maintenance tendencies... completely different), but finding your home is completely different. I mean, it's your home, so it's got to be perfect - or nearly. 


Here's what I'm looking for in my new casa:


-Someplace on the Eastside, in a safe but walkable area close to my good friends


-Someplace that will house my adorable 15 pound pooch (you'd be surprised how many places are totally down with cats, but scoff at a well behaved bundle of joy)


-Laundry facilities, dishwasher, patio or balcony and an ample cooking space - these are basics, right?


-Prefferrably a 1 bedroom, but a studio will do if the rest of the area is lovely


-A bathtub - I simply refuse to live in a place that doesn't have a bath


These aren't crazy parameters, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment