Monday, June 20, 2011

Foibles and Flaws

A lot of what this blog is about is making the most of your twenties and turning into the best version of yourself. We do a lot of growing up between the ages of 22-27, for better and worse. I personally have worked especially hard in the past year to grow and improve (which like I said, has come with it’s amazing rewards and sad consequences.) Even still, none of us are without flaws – and I’m a perfectionist, so that’s tough to admit. But, it’s the truth. Here are some of my biggest flaws that I’m okay with admitting:

*I am extremely critical – not only of myself and others. Basically, if I don’t like something I will call you out on it. Most of the time it’s because I think I’m trying to help, but it’s still annoying and I’m sorry

*If you’ve pissed me off, I’ll get over it, but I’ll remind you about it constantly. I usually do it in a joking type of way, but it’s still irritating. I’m sorry again

*I’m super competitive. Even though I’m getting A LOT better about this one, I tend to compare myself to others and try and top other people. It’s led to nothing good, I promise.

*I can be condescending and act like I’m on a high horse. A product of working really hard on myself has led me to get really frustrated when people don’t see my point of view. So, I can be bratty and act like a know-it-all. It comes off as smug, but really I think I’m trying to help by imparting wisdom that has helped me.

*I try to be perfect. This is by far the hardest one to conquer… and one that I’m not sure will ever go away.

What are some of your biggest flaws?

No comments:

Post a Comment